Part-Time Assistant Director of Nursing ADON
- Part Time
Employment standards for this facility are consistent with EEOC for all people applying for or holding this position. Education: graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse program; Licensure/ Certification in State of Iowa required. Will participate in on-going continuing education relating to long term care.
1. Will assume responsibility for planning, organizing, motivating, coordinating and controlling personnel, equipment and supplies in the nursing department.
2. Scheduling of staff hours as determined by Director of Nursing.
3. Assisting with interviewing, hiring, confronting problems involving discipline, and termination of nursing employees.
4. Assisting in the orientation process of new employees.
5. Assisting in continuing education of nursing employees.
6. Monitoring of the resident's comprehensive care plan process, including completion of the quarterly reassessments, the comprehensive care plan, its distribution to specific departments, as well as evaluation of implementation of the care plan.
7. Is responsible for distribution and charging of medical supplies and incontinent care products to ensure units have adequate supplies of products for the delivery of care.
8. May be called upon to work as charge nurse if the need arises.
9. Acts as Director of Nursing in his/her absence.
10. Completion of the medical record upon discharge from the facility.