Oral Medication Technician
- Full Time
- Salary Range
- 16 - 20
Employment standards for this facility are consistent with EEOC for all people applying for or holding this position. Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred. Training: Seventy five (75) hour Nursing Assistant course with state oflowa Certification plus Certification as Medication Aide in State of Iowa.
1. Perform all duties as a Resident Care Technician according to the Healthcare of Iowa RTC job description
2. Report to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
3. Consistently work cooperatively with residents, charge nurses, treatment nurses, restorative assistants, physicians, families, consultant personnel and ancillary service providers.
4. Report to work in a clean, neat uniform and consistently present a professional appearance.
5. Assume accountability for data contained in the employees' personnel handbook
6. Administer oral and topical medications as ordered by a physician under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of the "five Rights" of medication administration.
8. Take and record vital signs of residents as assigned or as may be required by certain medications.
9. Record the administration of medications and/or treatments appropriately.
10. Observe and report any reactions and/or side effects of medications to a licensed nurse, charge nurse, and/or Director of Nursing Service.