- Part Time
Monticello Nursing & Rehab
500 Pinehaven Dr
Monticello, IA, US
- More Information
We are the area's premier skilled and long-term care facility. We pride ourselves on having a reputation for making a difference in the lives of those we serve, as well as being an employer of choice. We are currently interviewing for a part-time Dietician position. We offer a great working environment, flexibility, competitive wages, and opportunities for growing your career within our organization.
- The Dietitian inspects and evaluates the department regularly for compliance with established policies and procedures and with federal and states standards.
- Provides assistance to the Food Service Supervisor in the areas of purchasing and cost control.
- Assists with menu planning to ensure nutritional adequacy, variety, and resident acceptance.
- Writes modified diets if necessary and assesses each resident’s nutritional status on a quarterly basis and maintains adequate records and charts progress notes.
- The Dietitian assists in care planning with all members of the health care team and aids the Food Service Supervisor in incorporating dietary components into the resident’s overall plan of care.
- Evaluates the efficiency and accuracy of food preparation and serving procedures.
- She (he) evaluates the sanitation of the department and provides information, helps coordinate, and occasionally conducts dietary in-services.
- She (he) established and revises, as necessary, dietary policies and procedures and directs the Dietary Department, including ICF, MR, and Assisted Living units.
- The Food Service Supervisor communicates all pertinent information to the dietitian.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics, Food, and Nutrition or professionally qualified dietitian. Registered by the American Dietetic Association. Licensed by the state of Iowa.
Work Experience: Experience in a supervisory position in food preparation and service preferred. Must have a thorough knowledge of dietary management, menu planning, diet therapy, cost
accounting and record-keeping procedures.
Physical Demands: Sits, stands, and walks intermittently.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com